The Chaletlees were built in 1947. They have knotty pine interiors and all but one have kitchenettes. The kitchenettes include a 2 burner stove-top (no oven), dormitory size refrigerator, basic eating and cooking utensils, a coffee maker, toaster, and a counter with stools. We do suggest that you bring along a cooler for extra storage of perishables. Our one-bedroom units consist of a front area with a queen bed and adjacent kitchen area. The "two-bedroom" unit has the kitchen area adjacent to a 2 twin bed sleeping area, and a back bedroom with a queen bed.
All units have electricity, hot and cold running water, and a bathroom with a shower. There are no telephones, TVs, radios, microwaves, or daily maid service. Bedding and linens are provided, and a midweek cleaning is provided for 7 day stays. Most Chaletlees are set up as double units that share a common front deck. They are located on the mountainside above Echo Lake, and require a very short hike. The foot path is unlit and we suggest you bring flashlights. Chaletlee #12 is located next to the Lodge, faces Lake Tahoe, and the basic unit (but not the detached kitchen) is accessible. Chaletlee #11 has been converted to a single unit (suite) with a large front deck and full kitchen.
Chaletlee building, units 9 and 10.
GUEST INFORMATION AND RESERVATION POLICY
· Two Night Minimum · Check-in: 3:00 PM · Check-out: 12:00 NOON ·
The Chaletlees were originally constructed in 1947. They have knotty pine interiors and 7 of the 8 units have small kitchenettes. Most of the Chaletlees are set up in units of two with a shared front deck. Each unit is designed for either two or four guests and you must agree to abide by this occupancy at the time of making your reservation. Extra guests are unfair to your neighbors, and are not allowed.
Chaletlee #11 has been converted to a single, deluxe, unit with a larger kitchen. Seven of the units face Echo Lake. Most of the units have two-burner stovetops, dormitory-size refrigerators, basic cooking and eating utensils, and a serving counter with stools. We do suggest that you bring along a cooler to provide additional storage for perishables and beverages. Our two-bedroom units have a front area with queen-size bed and kitchenette, and a rear bedroom with twin beds. Linens are provided. All units have electricity, hot and cold running water, and a bathroom with shower.
No phone, TV, microwave, or daily maid service is provided.
· Confirmed Reservations require a 50% prepayment by Credit Card, Check or Cash. The balance is due upon arrival. Please include your Name, Arrival Date, and Chaletlee Number on all written correspondence. Please let us know 24 hours in advance if you will be a "Late Arrival" (after 6 PM).
· Cancellations made 30 days or more prior to scheduled arrival will receive a full refund, Less a Twenty-Five Dollar ($25) Handling Fee for each reserved unit. The Chalet reserves the right to charge this fee for cancellation of any confirmed reservation, regardless of reason. Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to scheduled arrival will forfeit the entire deposit. Note: We cannot offer refunds for early departures initiated for reasons beyond our control (such as illness or inclement weather), but will extend partial refunds if we are forced to close the premises to guests. In the summer of 2001, for the first time ever, reservations were cancelled beyond August 3rd due to a severe water shortage. Although unlikely, were similar events to occur in the future, we will notify those with confirmed reservations immediately upon the decision to close, and a full refund (including handling fee) will be offered.
· Pet Policy: For many years the Chalet has allowed quiet, housebroken, pets in our Chaletlees. We recently sustained major damage to the newly-renovated suite, and are now reconsidering this policy. For the moment, pets will still be allowed with a $200 security deposit (separate check please), to be returned at checkout (if no damage is incurred) less a $15 cleaning fee. Pets are never to be left unattended in the Chaletlees.
· Parking: We have VERY limited reserved parking spaces. You are allowed one vehicle per Chaletlee unit. Additional reserved parking will be $35 (thirty-five dollars) per night, and is dependent upon space available. Free parking may be possible in the upper lots. The 4th of July and the first week in August ("Echo Lakes Day") are typically over-full. Please plan accordingly.
We look forward to your stay with us. Thank you for your patronage.
NOTE: During our off-season (OCTOBER TO MEMORIAL DAY), please copy the form below and
We will respond with availability and specific pricing information upon receipt.
Rates: (two night minimum stay )
If you book for one week, the 7th night is free
Note: Chaletlee #12 rate is reduced to $210 / night if the
detached kitchen is not included.
Note: Chaletlee #12 rate is reduced to $210 / night if the detached kitchen is not included.
Please inform the office if you wish to rent the unit without kitchen access.
The attached map may prove helpful in choosing a specific Chaletlee - especially for our first-time guests. The lower Chaletlees (#'s 3, 4, 7, and 8) have an un-obstructed view of Lower Echo Lake through the pines (which have grown significantly since the units were first built), and are somewhat easier to access via the foot trail. Chaletlees 2 and 1 are now combined into a single unit (#12).